I write on The Bootstrapped Founder because bootstrapping is a desirable, value- and wealth-generating way of running a company, and still many people shy away from it.
In the years of running FeedbackPanda, I learned how to run a self-funded company, and I want to encourage other entrepreneurs to see bootstrapping as a viable option. Not every business needs venture capital to succeed, and I claim that most businesses are better off without investor expectations of hyper-growth.
Founder mental health is an often-neglected facet of the bootstrapped journey. I want to share the methods I have developed to become aware of emotional distress and my reframing techniques to turn negative feelings into positive actions.
You can podcasts and interviews with me here:
- Indie Hackers: Vital Learnings from Bootstrapping and Selling a $55k a Month Business with Arvid Kahl of FeedbackPanda (hosted by Courtland Allen)
- Alchemist Camp: Scaling an Elixir/Vue SaaS to $55k MRR in under 2 years with Arvid Kahl (hosted by Mark Wilbur)
- Built to Sell Radio: How To Scratch Your Itch (hosted by John Warrillow, I appear with Danielle Simpson) — video version available
- Rogue Startups: RS209: $0 to $55K MRR in 2 Years, Then an Exit with Arvid Kahl and Danielle Simpson (hosted by Craig Hewitt, I appear with Danielle Simpson)
- Product Journey: Finding Validation with Arvid Kahl of FeedbackPanda (hosted by Ben Mann and Noah Bragg)
- No CS Degree: Learning to code with no CS degree and making $55k a month (interviewed by Pete Codes)
- Balance the Grind: Balancing the Grind With Arvid Kahl, Founder of FeedbackPanda & Blogger at The Bootstrapped Founder (interviewed by Hao Nguyen)
- Startups for The Rest of Us: From Zero to $55k MRR to Exit (in 2 Years) with Feedback Panda (interviewed by Rob Walling, I appear with Danielle Simpson)
- UI Breakfast: Episode 166: Continuous Product Validation with Arvid Kahl (interviewed by Jane Portman)
I did an Ask Me Anything on Indie Hackers.
If you’re interested in a consultation for your business, please reach out to me through the Consulting page.